The International STEM Exhibition (Competition) is open freely to all elementary, secondary, and tertiary students from Southeast Asia countries. The International STEM Competition aims to provide young inventors with the opportunity to showcase their inventions amongst their peers from Southeast Asia.
a) Internet of Thing and Artificial Intelligence (IOT & AI)
b) Invention & Innovation
c) 3-D Design / Creation
d) STEM / STEAM / STREAM project
e) Robotics / Smart Device / Information and Communication Technology
Primary School (Standard 1 to 6): Age 7 to 12
Junior High School (Form 1 to Form 3): Age 13 to 15
Senior High School (Form 4 to Form 5): Age 16 to 17
Tertiary (Form 6/ Diploma/ Degree students): Age 18 and above
Rules and Regulations
- Participants are required to register online, upload abstract and submit a 3 – 5 minutes video by 18 November 2022 through the google form (https://forms.gle/Zzz8kN2wSs53g65e7).
- A team should comprise of 1 (individual) to 4 students and 1 mentor.
- The teams are required to present and exhibit their final project as part of the judging requirement.
- The teams will be provided with a table (L 60 cm x W of 40 cm x H of 76 cm) and a standard T Bunting with double-sided tripod display stand (height 125 cm to 220 cm).
- The teams are required to provide their own project requirements such as exhibition poster (6ft height x 2ft width) and extension wires.
- The presentation of the project must be in English language.
- The research project must be the original work of the students. Teacher advisors are strictly restricted to play the advisory role only.
- All the projects should focus on the category chosen and be an original work.
- The idea of STEM integration is required in the projects. The school is requested to bear the cost of transportation, food and drink of the participants and equipment for the competition.
Judging and Q & A Session
- During judging session, participants are required to present their project orally to the judges physically.
- Each research project will be judged based on the quality of the project exhibit, oral presentation, poster design and significance of the project.
- A question and answer (Q&A) session will be carried out by judges (within the time limit provided).
- Teachers are NOT ALLOWED to assist the participants during the Q & A session.
- Each team is allocated 15 minutes Q&A session.
- The order for the Q&A for each team will be determined by the secretariat.
- Verbal declaration that, ‘This video is submitted for the purpose of participating in ISEE 2022 organised by SEAMEO RECSAM from 14 to 16 December 2022’.
- Introduction of team member(s)
- Project title
- Project background and rationale
- Project description
- Obstacles/ challenges/ difficulties during the process
- Solutions to solve the problems
- Project outcome/ achievement/ result/ findings
- Any participant from the team may present/ demonstrate. Multiple presenters are also allowed. Please ensure that the voice of the presenter(s) is clear.
- Teachers are NOT ALLOWED to participate during video demonstration.
- Students are strictly advised to ensure that their surrounding is quiet without disruption during the recording process.
- The submitted video must be in the format of MP4 and resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080).
- Video MUST NOT contain or include any endorsement of products or services or materials that are obscene, pornographic, defamatory, offensive, violent, gender discrimination, ethnic, religious belief, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or violate any law.
- All the materials produced must be copyright-free, original creation, or have obtained permission from the owners. All music, images, graphics used must be credited/acknowledged in the closing credits. It is the participant’s responsibility that the video does not infringe the rights, including but not limited to copyright or intellectual property of the registered owners, groups or entities.
- The copyright of each video submitted for this competition remains with the respective team.
- By submitting the video, the participants agree to allow SEAMEO RECSAM to use the competing videos for its information-sharing and educational purposes at no cost.
- The videos will be presented during ISEE 2022 from 14-16 December 2022.
- Students are required to be dressed in school uniform during the video recording.
- Students are encouraged to use green screens whenever necessary for better effect.
Registration & Closing Date
To enroll, please register by 18 November 2022 via https://forms.gle/xfUeZa5ZK6kPaxSZ7 or scan the following QR code.
For more information, please visit: www.recsam.edu.my